Marketing Tips For The Holidays
- Set up book signings at coffee shops and have a drawing for a free coffee gift card.
- Set up book signings at department stores and make your display festive.
- Contact books clubs, offer them a free book for every 10 books they buy, and offer the head of the book club a free gift card (something to match the holiday season). Make sure you provide them a list of 10 prompts that they can discuss.
- Social Media – count down to Christmas by posting a paragraph or two that will hook the audience into buying the book – surely they are going to want the whole story! Remember you are a writer – who better to tease the audience regarding your book.
- Facebook has over 3 billion ACTIVE members – tap into this. If you don’t know how, go to fiverr.com or upwork.com and hire someone for as inexpensive as $5.00.
Give yourself a gift!
Teach yourself social media. This is extremely important. Lynda.com offers great online classes for you to learn at your own pace. The fee is 34.99 per month or you can pay annually, which works out to 29.99 per month. They also offer a free 10 day trial.
These classes are great for all levels. If you don’t have a clue, you can learn enough in a very short period of time to be successful. This program is excellent. Highly recommended!